Process 11 Extruder - Scale up correlation 이 연구 검증된 유일한 미니 트윈 압출기
The Thermo Scientific* Process 11 is a parallel co-rotating extruder for research and development in the polymer and food industry.
When developing new polymeric compounds or food formulations, performing time and material intensive experiments on production scale extruders can significantly increase costs and thus put these projects at risk. Using the Process 11 extruder, the small amount of material needed to conduct experiments enables the researcher to carry out an array of trials in a cost and labor effective manner and obtain results that are relevant to production conditions due to the full scalability of the Thermo Scientific process extruder product family.
The Process 11 extruder provides a user-friendly operation via a touch-screen with integrated feeder control and easy removable product contact parts. The compact monocoque design minimizes the usage of lab space and is ideal for fume hood applications. The screw elements and barrel design scale geometrically across the whole portfolio of extruders and thus allow easy process scale-up.
- Minimized sample material usage (20g)
- Throughput 20 g/h to 2.5 kg/h
- Small footprint benchtop design, easily transportable
- Segmented screw design with removable top half barrel
- Easy-to-operate touchscreen with integrated feeder control
- Geomatrically scalable screw and barrel design across portfolio
Environmental Note: A small footprint reduces lab space requirements and lower ingredient consumption reduces environmental contamination and operator exposure.
Recommended for: Materials:
The Thermo Scientific Pharma 11 is a unique, flexible twin screw extruder for hot melt extrusion and twin screw granulation.
In the early development of a new drug research and development formulation scientists face the challenge that only a small amount of expensive API (Active pharmaceutical ingredient) is available for experiments.
The Thermo Scientific Pharma 11 extruder provides material and labor effective extrusion capabilities down to 20g/h. Its parallel 11mm twin screws and compact design which is fully scalable with the Thermo Scientific stand alone pharmaceutical compounding systems enables the researcher to obtain process relevant results or even perform small scale production.
- Uses smaller material quantities for faster, cost-effective development
- Maximize lab space with small footprint machine
- Perfect for glove box or isolator applications with removable touch screen
- Easy cleaning and validation All material contact parts easily removable
- 2-in-1 machine Easily convertible from hot melt extrusion (HME) to twin screw granulation (TSG) applications
- Easy to operate with user-friendly, intuitive touchscreen with integrated feeder control
- Minimizes scale up risks Cost and time saving due to the full scalability of the Thermo Scientific* extruder product family
- Provides process control Documentation of extrusion parameters and suitable for PAT
- GMP-compliant, full validation available: FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ
Minimized project risks
- Screw elements and barrel design scale geometrically across the whole portfolio of Pharma extruders and thus allow easy process scale-up
High modularity, high convenience
- Throughput range from 20g/h up to 2.5kg/h
- Easy to remove and clean product contact parts in a washing machine
- Individual barrels and screws options
- Processing length: L/D ratio 40:1
- Intuitive operation
- Touch screen
- Integrated feeder control
- Password protection
- Three different user levels
- Optional data login software for documentation of data trends
- Optional high resolution torque measurement
- Easy to integrate PAT measurements like FTIR
For high potential API's
- Small footprint allows placement in a glove box
- Touch screen can be removed and fixed at the outer side of the isolator
- No additional cabinet for electronics
- Monocoque design allows rinsing with water to avoid dust formation
- All product contact parts are from pharma grade stainless steel with documentation
- Full validation documentation available: FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ
The Pharma 11 is a very small scale extruder perfect for a wide range of drug development applications. Requiring a minimum throughput of just 20g/h, it is ideal for research and development applications especially when developing and testing recipes with expensive API and associated compounds. As a GMP-compliant unit, the Thermo Scientific Pharma 11 is also suitable for clinical trials and small scale production for throughputs up to 2.5kg/h.
Designed to meet the toughest challenges faced by customers and at the same time maximize the investment when progressing through the phases of the product development cycle, the screw and barrel designs are geometrically scalable across the whole Thermo Scientific portfolio of extruders from lab and pilot scale through to production scale.
A wide range of accessories are available for the Pharma 11 to offer a complete extrusion solution. These include volumetric and gravimetric feeders, conveyor belt and pelletizer.
- Drug delivery systems